Suicide Prevention for Leaders
Is this Workshop for You?
Supporting your team in the area of suicidality is essential in any workplace. In a demanding workplace it is especially so. Regardless of your context, your role as leader is vital.
System based suicide prevention (also known as Gatekeeping) involves you recognising and engaging employees who may be struggling. This may be due to work or personal stressors, mental health difficulties, or something else. Through your leadership, you can assist them toward an “open gate” to access treatment or support.
The process of engaging with suicidality as a leader is challenging, and for many outside a mental health environment, it is daunting. Gaining necessary skills is neither easy nor intuitive. This workshop equips you with information to understand and recognise at risk behaviour “open gates” and provide an immediate intervention and resources.
When your workplace engage in this training, we offer the optional support of following your progress across a 12-month period, codesigning systems and processes that work for your employees, while also ensuring these critical skills are retained over time.
Date and Venue – Available in-house and online
Times – Half day (4 hours) or full day (9am – 5pm, with breaks)
Catering – TBA pending service agreement
Training Materials – All included
Variations and Extra Resources – Co-designed and tailored options available to complement existing policy or the re-development of policy
Follow-up or stand-alone consultation services are available. Complement your training with a professional review of your systems, procedures and environment.
Half-Day Workshop Inclusions
This training is delivered on demand, across multiple platforms, depending on your needs: including, Face to face training, Train the Trainer and web based learning.
We examine system based suicide prevention initiatives and help you become a powerful force for life in your workplace.
Specific focus areas include:
- Suicidality outside mental illness
- Risk factors and warning signs
- The role of workplace culture and individual attitudes
- Workplace policy, procedures, and resources
- Suicide Safety Plans and referrals
Full-Day Workshop Inclusions
Specific focus areas include all half day activities, with extension activities to cover:
- Suicidality and self injury prevalence in the workplace
- Successful ‘suicidality’ conversations
- Your effective Suicide Safety Plan
- Workplace provisions and supporting an employee’s a sustainable return to work
- Suitable duties, flexible work practice and psychologically safe work environments
Testimonials from Leaders and Champions
- (The workshop was) “interactive, (and it) felt like a safe space to discuss this complex topic”.
- (There were) “Lots of examples, and good supporting documentation. … (There were) good interaction, practical guides, tools and support and knowledgeable presenter
Download SP for Leaders Course Outline PDF